Today's Refinance Rates4.5%4.7% APR Fixed Mortgage
Choose loan type
- 339 Verified Reviews
- All 50 States
- Convenient Branch Locations
- Ongoing Support
- 552 Verified Reviews
- Local Branches
- Home Equity Line Products
- FDIC Insured
- Licensed in All States
Ohio Mortgage Rates
Ohio doesn't get anywhere near the attention it deserves on a national level. Still, savvy homebuyers across the country are making a point to appreciate all that the Buckeye State has to offer, including everything from world-class healthcare and big-city living to friendly neighbors and sprawling farmland.
Common Ohio Loan Types:
- Ohio conventional mortgages: Ohio mortgage requirements and rates vary based on the area you live in, or want to live in, and your financial situation. Compare mortgage rates on FreeRateUpdate.com to find the option that's right for you.
- Ohio FHA loans: Home loans backed by the FHA are offered throughout the U.S. The FHA doesn't offer loans directly, you can find one through an FHA-approved lender in Ohio on FreeRateUpdate.com today. FHA loans are typically offered to first-time homebuyers. FHA loans are designed for low- to moderate-income borrowers with lower credit scores.
- Ohio VA loans: VA loans are backed by the Department of Veterans Affairs; VA loans are offered to eligible active duty service members and veterans. The VA doesn't offer loans directly, but you can find one through a VA-approved lender in Ohio through FreeRateUpdate.com. VA loans require no down payment and typically have lower interest rates than conventional mortgages.
Ohio Mortgage Rates Compared to National Averages
Like most states, mortgage interest rates in Ohio tend to stick right around the national averages, although residents here have seen those rates tick slightly higher from time to time over the years.
Anyone looking to purchase or refinance a home in Ohio can typically expect an interest rate slightly above the number they see reported nationally.
When you are ready to get serious about buying or refinancing your existing home in Ohio, Let Freerateupdate help you find the best loan officer and rate for your situation before you sign your name on those dotted lines.