Today's Refinance Rates4.5%4.7% APR Fixed Mortgage
Choose loan type
- 339 Verified Reviews
- All 50 States
- Convenient Branch Locations
- Ongoing Support
- 552 Verified Reviews
- Local Branches
- Home Equity Line Products
- FDIC Insured
- Licensed in All States
Florida Mortgage Rates
With plenty of international airports and dozens of popular vacation destinations, it's easy to see why so many people want to relocate to Florida. When you add that there is no state income tax, life in Florida starts to sound better and better.
The biggest question most potential buyers ask at this point is, "How do Florida mortgage rates stack up compared to the rest of the country?"
Common Florida Loan Types:
- Florida conventional mortgages: Florida mortgage requirements and rates vary based on the area you live in, or want to live in, and your financial situation. Compare mortgage rates on FreeRateUpdate.com to find the option that's right for you.
- Florida FHA loans: Home loans backed by the FHA are offered throughout the U.S. The FHA doesn't offer loans directly, you can find one through an FHA-approved lender in Florida on FreeRateUpdate.com today. FHA loans are typically offered to first-time homebuyers. FHA loans are designed for low- to moderate-income borrowers with lower credit scores.
- Florida VA loans: VA loans are backed by the Department of Veterans Affairs; VA loans are offered to eligible active duty service members and veterans. The VA doesn't offer loans directly, but you can find one through a VA-approved lender in Florida through FreeRateUpdate.com. VA loans require no down payment and typically have lower interest rates than conventional mortgages.
Florida Mortgage Rates Compared to National Averages
As you can probably tell, the current mortgage rates in Florida are slightly below the national averages. This is not uncommon in the Sunshine State, and Florida is known for being one of the few tourist destinations where this holds true.
It's also worth noting that Florida refinance rates are equally competitive compared to national averages.