Today's Refinance Rates5.0%5.3% APR Fixed Mortgage
Choose loan type
- 339 Verified Reviews
- All 50 States
- Convenient Branch Locations
- Ongoing Support
- 552 Verified Reviews
- Local Branches
- Home Equity Line Products
- FDIC Insured
- Licensed in All States
Louisiana Mortgage Rates
They call New Orleans “The Big Easy,” and that attitude tends to apply to most of the state of Louisiana.
If you want to relocate to a southern coastal state with beautiful scenery, world-class cuisine, an affordable cost of living, and that famously laid-back attitude, Louisiana should be at the top of your list.
Common Louisiana Loan Types:
- Louisiana conventional mortgages: Louisiana mortgage requirements and rates vary based on the area you live in, or want to live in, and your financial situation. Compare mortgage rates on FreeRateUpdate.com to find the option that's right for you.
- Louisiana FHA loans: Home loans backed by the FHA are offered throughout the U.S. The FHA doesn't offer loans directly, you can find one through an FHA-approved lender in Louisiana on FreeRateUpdate.com today. FHA loans are typically offered to first-time homebuyers. FHA loans are designed for low- to moderate-income borrowers with lower credit scores.
- Louisiana VA loans: VA loans are backed by the Department of Veterans Affairs; VA loans are offered to eligible active duty service members and veterans. The VA doesn't offer loans directly, but you can find one through a VA-approved lender in Louisiana through FreeRateUpdate.com. VA loans require no down payment and typically have lower interest rates than conventional mortgages.
Louisiana Mortgage Rates Compared to National Averages
Mortgage rates in Louisiana tend to stick right around the national averages, which can make them a fantastic deal for anyone moving from states with higher rates, but not such a great bargain for those moving from states with lower rates.
These rates become even more appealing when you consider that the average home value in Louisiana comes in at about half of the national average. The cost of living is also significantly lower than the national average, which only improves the savings homebuyers experience after moving to Louisiana.
Louisiana homebuyers can find down payment assistance and favorable interest rates through a variety of programs offered by the Louisiana Housing Corporation.