Today's Refinance Rates4.7%5.0% APR Fixed Mortgage
Choose loan type
- Highest In Customer Satisfaction
- #1 Mortgage Lender Volume
- Multiple Refinance Options
- Fortune 100 Best Company
- eClosing Reduces Hassle
- FHA, VA, Conventional, USDA Loans
- Competitive Mortgage Rates & Low Costs
- Licensed Mortgage Bankers in 50 states
- Home Equity & Debt Consolidation Options
- Zero Closing Cost Options!
- Providing Affordable Mortgages and Award-Winning Client Service for Over 30 yrs.
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction in the US - J.D. Power
- FDIC Bank founded in 1919
- Refinance to get cash out up to 90% LTV
- Loans Close in 30 Days
- BBB A+, Top 20 in US
- FHA, VA, Conventional and Bank Statement loans
- NMLS 423028 Equal Housing lender
- Veteran-Owned and Operated Business, We Understand VA Needs
- Federally Chartered Bank Focused Primarily in Home Lending
- We Offer Customized Solutions for our Customers Unique Needs
See The Federal Savings Bank DealView Rates
- View Best Rates & Costs
- INC 500 Award 5x
- BBB A+ Rating, Est. 2009
- NMLS Licensed, Nationwide
- Conventional, VA, FHA, USDA, Harp
- Home Equity & Cash Out Options
- Zero Point Options!
- Home Equity Lines of Credit
- Home Equity Loans
- Many Options to Choose
- BBB A+
- Alternative Cash Out
Iowa Mortgage Rates
With four distinct seasons, an excellent education system, and plenty of wide-open spaces, it isn’t hard to see why people choose to live in the Hawkeye State. Understanding the types of loans available, and how the current interest rates can impact those options, is the key to getting the right mortgage for your new home.
Common Iowa Loan Types:
- Iowa conventional mortgages: Iowa mortgage requirements and rates vary based on the area you live in, or want to live in, and your financial situation. Compare mortgage rates on FreeRateUpdate.com to find the option that's right for you.
- Iowa FHA loans: Home loans backed by the FHA are offered throughout the U.S. The FHA doesn't offer loans directly, you can find one through an FHA-approved lender in Iowa on FreeRateUpdate.com today. FHA loans are typically offered to first-time homebuyers. FHA loans are designed for low- to moderate-income borrowers with lower credit scores.
- Iowa VA loans: VA loans are backed by the Department of Veterans Affairs; VA loans are offered to eligible active duty service members and veterans. The VA doesn't offer loans directly, but you can find one through a VA-approved lender in Iowa through FreeRateUpdate.com. VA loans require no down payment and typically have lower interest rates than conventional mortgages.
Iowa Mortgage Rates Compared to National Averages
Mortgage interest rates in Iowa tend to come in just a few basis points higher than the national average. However, combined with the reasonable home prices in areas like Cedar Rapids and Des Moines, that can still be a very affordable monthly payment.
First-time homebuyers looking for a 30-year or 15-year fixed-rate mortgage will be pleased to learn that the Iowa Finance Authority (IFA) offers programs to help with down payments, closing costs, and tax credits.